Technique doesn't have to be boring
Learning scales and arpeggios on the piano is like doing drills for hockey and tennis. These are the foundation skills. Once they have been learned, they are there for life. They are your SUPERPOWER!
Drills are done best with a coach. It's motivating and you learn extra skills when you play along with a pro.
What if you could have a coach whenever you wanted?
Now you can ✔
Hi, I'm Linda Gould
My friends called me Linderace when I was growing up because I loved to play boogie woogie as well as classical piano.
I have been teaching, performing and arranging for decades.
I hope you enjoy this course and creating your own musical voice!
Hi, I'm Sue Gould
I am passionate about piano! I'm classically trained with regular doses of jazz and pop music.
I look forward to sharing music time at the piano bench with you!
- D Major Middle Note Drill (2:20)
- A Major Middle Note Drill (2:08)
- Bb Major Middle Note Drill (2:10)
- Eb Major Middle Note Drill (2:02)
- B Minor Middle Note Drill (1:53)
- G Minor Middle Note Drill (1:36)
- C Minor Middle Note Drill (1:44)
- D Major Jumping Bean Drill (2:43)
- A Major Jumping Bean Drill (2:19)
- Bb Major Jumping Bean Drill (2:26)
- Eb Major Jumping Bean Drill (2:08)
- B Minor Jumping Bean Drill (2:19)
- G Minor Jumping Bean Drill (1:47)
- C Minor Jumping Bean Drill (1:56)
- D Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (3:36)
- D Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (3:07)
- A Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (2:06)
- A Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (2:12)
- Bb Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (2:14)
- Bb Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (2:51)
- Eb Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (2:10)
- Eb Major Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (2:41)
- B Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (1:41)
- B Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (1:52)
- G Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (1:45)
- G Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (1:52)
- C Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill RH (1:54)
- C Minor Arpeggio-Yoga Drill LH (1:55)
Linda and Sue Gould
...are award winning pianists, They have been performing and teaching music for over 40 years (each) and they have both taken ALL the RCM exams!
They hold Bachelors of Music with Distinction in Piano Performance from the University of Victoria. Together and separately they have travelled extensively performing in communities large and small. They can be found performing with a variety of ensembles including the Music Mosaic piano trio, the Selkirk Trio, Fearing Gould duo, Paulson Gould duo, the Dragonfly Sisters duo, and just about any other group who calls them up!
Sue is also the Music Director and conductor of the Purcell Mountain Orchestra and Linda is author of the 4 volume chording course, Play Piano Chords Today.
Piano Drills = Excellence and Power
- Piano Drills are push-ups for the piano
- Piano Drills build piano muscles
- Piano Drill Videos are focused with NO DISTRACTIONS
- Piano Drills are more than pushing notes, they use the whole arm (and more!)
- Piano Drills aren't lonely with a practice buddy
How does it work?
- Start with a GOAL
- Add a PLAN with small steps
- Plus a REWARD and SUPPORT
... and you have SUCCESS!
This course includes:
Piano Drill Booklet - Technique Charts - Reward Stickers
Piano Technique Myths
Tech Myth #1: If you practice scales, your piano technique will improve.
Scales and technical exercises are an opportunity to improve, ONLY if you are clear on what practice skills and physical movement you do when practicing them.
Tech Myth #2: All you need to do is push down the right notes.
If you are just ‘learning the notes’ of the exercise and aren’t isolating the right movements, your skills get WORSE because you are repeating and reinforcing poor habits.
Tech Myth #3: "I'll remember what the teacher demonstrated in the lesson when I get home", thinks every student.
Good piano technique is complex at first. The great demonstration your teacher provides in your lesson needs to been seen many times for it to become part of your technique. Seeing it briefly once a week isn't ideal.
More Courses You May LOVE
There are over 30 courses to choose from great songs to the best warm ups to complete chording courses. Here are just a few ...